Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thus spaketh the prophet:

Google Keyboard is fine, and it got me by while I still thought Swype was wonky. Swype's Beta from their website went all kinds of apeshit on me and made me have to delete it. Apparently they transitioned to a version that went onto the Play market, and I didn't realize. Last night I stumbled around looking at what's new in the market and found the free trial version. So apparently it's pay only, which I thought was absurd if it was going to still be wonky. Couldn't hurt to try out, right? I did. It worked fabulously as I remembered it. I thought... damn I miss this keyboard. Nothing else was as intuitive. But the Beta just didn't last into the ICS/JB versions, so it became useless. Thankfully the Play version still kept up. So because I just felt right at home typing again, I figured $4 isn't too much for me to pay. I totally get that they want paid for this keyboard, and I have no trouble throwing down $4 one time for it to be mine forever. So I went today and got a $10 Play card that'd let me update it. I'm a happy camper. Finally got my favorite keyboard in the world back. Even found out they've made some new things that I really like. Like keyboard resizing and the ability to move it around the screen. If you can't pay, like I said, Google Keyboard is great, especially with the way its voice typing worked like magic. But Swype has those shortcut things I loved so much. Like pulling off the screen to capitalize a word mid-sentence, or the ability to save words and have it actually remember the word, and give it to you on a list on top of the keyboard. And those words can include symbols that you can easily swype into the word. Apostrophes, or hyphens, or even numbers. 571mu1a70r can be saved and easily swiped. But I figured if $10 is the smallest card they have, I'd use the other $6 upgrading some things I used. So now I also have paid versions of Folder Organizer, Nova Launcher, and a little left over for if I find anything else I might want later on. Why am I telling all you people this? I actually have no idea. Stop looking at me like I'm a babbling moron. I can post what I want. This is the song that neeeeeeeever eeeeeeeeeeeeeends........... it just goes on and on my frieeeeeeeeeends........... some people started singing it not knowing what it was.........